Sport at Midstream is an important dimension of secondary phase learning and our prime motivation for offering sport is to provide all learners an opportunity to:
• exercise and develop their physical, mental and social skills and potential.
• participate with others in order to develop recognised and acceptable social skills.
• develop their self-esteem and confidence.
• develop their leadership skills.
• learn to cope within a competitive environment.
• promote sportsmanship.
• enjoy sport and have fun.
Midstream College offers learners the opportunity to excel in their sport. Top coaching, by our teachers or outside coaches, is provided by the school. It is compulsory for all learners to take part in at least one summer and one winter sport offered at Midstream College.
The following sports are offered:
|Summer sport||Winter sport||All-year sport|
|Softball (girls)||Hockey (boys)||Chess|
|Mountain biking||Adventure sport|